[slurm-users] slurmctld 17.11.2 :: fatal we have less TRES than should be here

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at spacescience.ro
Fri Jan 5 09:16:39 MST 2018

Hi! I just upgraded to 17.11.2 and when i try to start slurmctld i get
this :
slurmctld[12552]: fatal: You are running with a database but for some
reason we have less TRES than should be here (4 < 5) and/or the
"billing" TRES is missing. This should only happen if the database is
down after an upgrade.

any idea how can i fix this?
i see that there is AccountingStorageTRES but example configs does not
have this option so i imagine that the defaults should be valid ...

Thank you!
Adrian