[slurm-users] how to disable --mem and --mem-per-cpu in srun, salloc and sbatch

Yinping Ma mayinpingpku at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 00:58:36 MST 2018

hello, shenglong wang

Thanks for your relpy, I tried this before.

I write  this in job_submit.lua:

function slurm_job_submit(job_desc, part_list, submit_uid)
     if job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu ~= nil then
            return slurm.SUCCESS
     else
            slurm.log_user("job_desc.pn_min_memory is not nil.
job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu=%s",job_desc.min_mem_per_cpu)
            return slurm.ERROR
      end
end

It can disable --mem  but can't disable --mem-per-cpu.

I don't know how to disable --mem-per-cpu, can you give any suggestion ?

all the best,
Ashlee