[slurm-users] slurm and dates?

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 06:31:48 MST 2018

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 7:20 AM, Jessica Nettelblad
<jessica.nettelblad at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems to me, unix time is used for dates, which is then converted with
> localtime for certain output to be readable for humans. Since Slurm is a C
> program run in a Unix environment, that is also what I would expect.

Thanks, the slurm folks also confirmed this is in fact how it works.
What prompted me to ask the question was when you want to scrap the
data and push it somewhere else you can't tell what zone the data is
in.  when you pull in a date from a slurm command into say perl, there
is no way to immediately tell what zone the date is in.  of course you
can certainly query the system to see what the user has set.  but to
me this is a little muddy.

i'd prefer the dates either come out in UTC or have a timezone
appended to the output, though i suspect that's easier said then
done...