[slurm-users] Is QOS always inherited explicitly?

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 6 05:15:15 MST 2018

Hi,

[I didn't get an answer to this when I tacked it onto the end of another
question (which I also didn't get an answer to :-/), so I'm starting a
new thread.]

The documentation for 'sacctmgr' says

  Note: the QOS that can be used at a given account in the hierarchy are
  inherited by the children of that account.

However, if I do the following:

  $ sacctmgr modify account name=root set qos+=medium,short

the result is

  Modified account associations...
    C = soroban    A = root
    C = soroban    A = anemometry         U = alice
    C = soroban    A = anemometry         U = bob
    C = soroban    A = barometry          U = carol
    C = soroban    A = barometry          U = dave
    C = soroban    A = calorimetry        U = ethel

To me this looks as if the QOS are in fact being explicitly added to
each association (rather than being just implicitly inherited).  In this
case, will a new association added within this hierarchy automatically
be associated with the QOS available to the other associations?

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)