[slurm-users] Accounting: Default Associations for Unknown Accounts

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Dec 21 02:00:26 MST 2018

Hi Ulf,

On 12/20/18 11:45 PM, Ulf wrote:
> Hello,
> we think about switch to SLURM. Currently we grant access to the cluster
> using a active directory group, everyone in this group is allowed to run
> jobs.
> So the users are not known to the SLURM accounting database.
> Is it possible to automatically add every new user to an default account
> without manually adding the user with "sacctmgr add user user123
> Account=test".
> Regards
> Ulf

Integration of Slurm with LDAP accounts have been implemented at EPFL in
Switzerland.  You can read the Slurm user group talk "Technical: Keeping
Accounts Consistent Across Clusters Using LDAP and YAML, Christian
Clémençon, Ewan Roche, Ricardo Silva (EPFL)" in the page
https://slurm.schedmd.com/publications.html

Ewan Roche and colleagues have made their software available in this
page: https://c4science.ch/source/slurm-accounts/

FWIW, I have made some scripts to automate the creation of Slurm
accounts from the passwd database (not LDAP), see
https://github.com/OleHolmNielsen/Slurm_tools/tree/master/slurmaccounts

I hope this helps you getting started with Slurm.

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
PhD, Senior HPC Officer