[slurm-users] Accounting: Default Associations for Unknown Accounts

Fulcomer, Samuel samuel_fulcomer at brown.edu
Thu Dec 20 16:02:45 MST 2018

Yes, in a way. In thinking about this for Brown (we haven't implemented it,
yet), we've the idea of having a Linux cron job periodically query the
group membership of the AD group granted access to the HPC resource, and
adding any new users to the SLURM accounting database.

We're at the point of using AD for ssh/login authentication via sssd, but
still maintain an cluster/internal NIS database for pwent and
cluster-specific group info (i.e., only the login gateways do AD
authentication). Our SLURM associations are updated automatically when the
NIS account is created or modified (via webmin).