[slurm-users] requesting resources and afterwards launch an array of calculations

Aaron Knister aaron.knister at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:25:39 MST 2018

Alfredo,

I’m assuming the resources are used initially in some sort of tightly-coupled parallel task, or at least some workload where all the tasks finish at about the same time. I’m wondering and also assuming that the tasks you’re looking to run afterwards as part of an array are less tightly coupled. Does this mean there might be significant variation in the runtime of those tasks? I’m curious if your desire here is to have those array jobs treated as individual allocations so that resources can free up as tasks complete (e.g so that you’re not holding up 30 processors if just one of the tasks takes significantly longer to complete than the others).

Sent from my iPhone