[slurm-users] requesting resources and afterwards launch an array of calculations

Renfro, Michael Renfro at tntech.edu
Wed Dec 19 07:15:05 MST 2018

Literal job arrays are built into Slurm: https://slurm.schedmd.com/job_array.html

Alternatively, if you wanted to allocate a set of CPUs for a parallel task, and then run a set of single-CPU tasks in the same job, something like:

  #!/bin/bash
  #SBATCH --ntasks=30
  srun --ntasks=${SLURM_NTASKS} hostname

is one way of doing it. If that’s not what you’re looking for, some other details would be needed.

--
Mike Renfro, PhD / HPC Systems Administrator, Information Technology Services
931 372-3601     / Tennessee Tech University