[slurm-users] Accounting with OverSubscribe=YES and ExclusiveUser=YES

Martijn Kruiten martijn.kruiten at surfsara.nl
Tue Aug 28 05:29:47 MDT 2018

Hi,

We intend to oversubscribe our GPU nodes with OverSubscribe=YES,
ExclusiveUser=YES and GRES=GPU:<type>:<number> (and of course with
gres.conf and cgroup.conf properly configured). We're not sure yet how
to approach accounting with this setup. We want to charge users for the
whole node, whether they are running 1 or 4 jobs on it, because with
ExlusiveUser=YES all the resources of that node are occupied either way.
Of course we could do some post processing on the standard accounting
output, but is there a smarter way to approach this?

Regards,
Martijn Kruiten
--
| System Programmer | SURFsara | Science Park 140 | 1098 XG Amsterdam |
| T +31 6 20043417  | martijn.kruiten at surfsara.nl | www.surfsara.nl |