[slurm-users] Slurm Environment Variable for Memory

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Aug 23 05:12:56 MDT 2018

On Tuesday, 21 August 2018 6:17:59 PM AEST Chris Samuel wrote:

> My apologies - I've just tested here (with Slurm 17.11.7) and you are indeed
> correct, they only appear when launched with sbatch and salloc and not when
> you launch jobs directly with srun!

I think the confusion is because they are *input* environment variables to
srun, so srun consumes them.  It doesn't create them.  I hadn't noticed this
until I search back from when I found them in the manual page and saw they
were listed as:

INPUT ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
       Some srun options may be set via environment variables.  These environā€
       ment  variables,  along  with  their  corresponding options, are listed
       below.  Note: Command line options will always override these settings.

Which is why they are set by sbatch/salloc but not directly inside of srun.

All the best!
Chris