[slurm-users] pam_slurm_adopt does not constrain memory?

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:02:38 MDT 2018

On 08/22/2018 10:58 AM, Kilian Cavalotti wrote:

> My guess is that you're experiencing first-hand the awesomeness of systemd.

Yes, systemd uses cgroups.  I'm trying to understand if the Slurm use of
cgroups is incompatible with systemd, or if there is another way to
resolve this issue?

Looking at the man page for pam_systemd, it looks reasonably safe to
disable this for logins on HPC compute nodes.  I think you will also
need to mask the systemd-logind service if you remove the pam module:

    systemctl stop systemd-logind
    systemctl mask systemd-logind