[slurm-users] Transparently assign different walltime limit to a group of nodes ?

Cyrus Proctor cproctor at tacc.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 13 11:42:39 MDT 2018

Jens, you are most welcome. I'll be curious to hear a followup after you
have evaluated it. I myself have not used it in production but I thought
it looked really cool.

It is interesting to me for increasing overall resource utilization for
partitions with transient "real time" demands. I should be able to take,
say, 25% of this real time partition, overlap the nodes with another
general production partition, set the real time partition priority
slightly higher, and set a floating reservation to keep job turnaround
high on this set of overlapping nodes in case the real time partition
becomes busy. I think this would be a nice solution that does not
involve job preemption.

Cheers,
Cyrus