[slurm-users] Transparently assign different walltime limit to a group of nodes ?

Yair Yarom irush at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Aug 13 07:57:06 MDT 2018

Hi,

We have a short partition to give a reasonable waiting time for shorter
jobs. We use the job_submit/all_partitions plugin so if a user doesn't
specify a partition, it will add all the partitions.

The downside of the plugin is that if a job is too long for the short
partition (or the job can't run on a partition for some other reasons), the
user will get for example a "PartitionTimeLimit" or "AccountNotAllowed"
reasons instead of "Priority" (though the job will still run eventually).
If that's an issue, writing the above lua plugin might be the way to go.

Regards,
    Yair.