[slurm-users] Reservation for a partition

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Apr 13 01:18:41 MDT 2018

Hello all.

Is it possible to reserve some nodes for being used for jobs only in a
specific partition?
Our mini-cluster will be used for some lessons, so it will need to run
"immediately" the jobs submitted by students.
A partition spanning the required nodes is already defined, but it
overlaps with others. Since lessons only last 4 hours per day, 3 days a
week, I hope I won't have to make those nodes unavailable to all the
other partitions for the whole course duration...
I tried using
scontrol create reservation starttime=2018-04-12T16:00:00 duration=180
partition=hpc_atmos
scontrol: error: Either Users or Accounts must be specified.  No
reservation created.

We're not using accounting, so I cannot use Accounts. And user names are
yet undefined (comes from AD and could change between "now" and when
lessons start...).

--
Diego Zuccato
Servizi Informatici