[slurm-users] SLURM on Ubuntu 16.04

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 26 07:38:20 MDT 2018

I don't think the problem Chris is referring to (a SQL injection attack)
is going to apply to you because you're way too small to need to worry
about Slurm accounting, but if it is a concern, install the distro
packages; confirm that things are roughly working and then just take
note of how things are set up.  You can use

    dpkg -L <package_name>

to see what files are installed where, and the initial install will tell
you what package dependencies are being pulled in.  This will help you
do a setup from the tarball.

Oh, and it is possible that the Ubuntu package will helpfully turn on
the slurmdbd for you.  Find out what service it's running as
(slurmdbd.service?) and mask it:

   systemctl stop slurmdbd
   systemctl mask slurmdbd

Disclaimer:  I don't currently use the Slurm accounting system and have
no idea how it is set up, so the instructions above are likely entirely
incorrect.