[slurm-users] sacctmgr - Use-case for 'Organisation' != 'Parent'

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 26 07:27:18 MDT 2018

Hi,

I'm currently looking at ironing out a few crinkles in my account
hierarchy and was looking at the attributes 'Parent' and 'Organisation'
again.  I use 'Parent' to set up the account hierarchy, which in my
case represents the structure of university departments and institutes
with in them.

I assume 'Organisation' could be used to set up cross-departmental
groups, but in my situation that doesn't seem particularly useful.

Could anyone who uses 'Organisation' briefly explain his/her use-case?

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)