[slurm-users] Problem with assigning user to partition

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:36:47 MDT 2018

Here is my procedure to add a system user to a partition.

Create a partition by editing /etc/slurm/parts similar to this:
PartitionName=MONTHLY1 AllowAccounts=foo Nodes=compute-0-0

Create an Account and add the user to that
# sacctmgr add account foo Cluster=jupiter
# sacctmgr add user test2 Account=foo Partitions=MONTHLY1

Use --partition=MONTHLY1 in the sbatch script.

Hope that helps in the future.

Regards,
Mahmood