[slurm-users] Problem with assigning user to partition

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 23:55:28 MDT 2018

I think the problem is that the system user name is not bound to the sacctmgr

[root at rocks7 ~]# sacctmgr list association format=account,user,partition
   Account       User  Partition
---------- ---------- ----------
      root
      root       root
     local
     local    mahmood
[root at rocks7 ~]# scontrol show partition MONTHLY1
PartitionName=MONTHLY1
   AllowGroups=mahmood AllowAccounts=mahmood AllowQos=ALL
   AllocNodes=rocks7 Default=NO QoS=N/A
   DefaultTime=NONE DisableRootJobs=NO ExclusiveUser=NO GraceTime=0 Hidden=NO
   MaxNodes=UNLIMITED MaxTime=UNLIMITED MinNodes=1 LLN=NO
MaxCPUsPerNode=UNLIMITED
   Nodes=compute-0-0
   PriorityJobFactor=1 PriorityTier=1 RootOnly=NO ReqResv=NO OverSubscribe=NO
   OverTimeLimit=NONE PreemptMode=OFF
   State=UP TotalCPUs=32 TotalNodes=1 SelectTypeParameters=NONE
   DefMemPerNode=UNLIMITED MaxMemPerNode=UNLIMITED

Is the the root of the problem?

Regards,
Mahmood