[slurm-users] ulimit in sbatch script

Mahmood Naderan mahmood.nt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 12:41:20 MDT 2018

Excuse me... I think the problem is not pam.d.
How do you interpret the following output?

[hamid at rocks7 case1_source2]$ sbatch slurm_script.sh
Submitted batch job 53
[hamid at rocks7 case1_source2]$ tail -f hvacSteadyFoam.log
max memory size         (kbytes, -m) 65536000
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 4096
virtual memory          (kbytes, -v) 72089600
^C
[hamid at rocks7 case1_source2]$ squeue
             JOBID PARTITION     NAME     USER ST       TIME  NODES
NODELIST(REASON)
                53   CLUSTER hvacStea    hamid  R       0:27      1 compute-0-3
[hamid at rocks7 case1_source2]$ ssh compute-0-3
Warning: untrusted X11 forwarding setup failed: xauth key data not generated
Last login: Sun Apr 15 23:03:29 2018 from rocks7.local
Rocks Compute Node
Rocks 7.0 (Manzanita)
Profile built 19:21 11-Apr-2018

Kickstarted 19:37 11-Apr-2018
[hamid at compute-0-3 ~]$ ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
scheduling priority             (-e) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 256712
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
real-time priority              (-r) 0
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) 4096
[hamid at compute-0-3 ~]$

As you can see, the log file where I put  "ulimit -a" before the main
command says limited virtual memory. However, when I login to the
node, it says unlimited!

Regards,
Mahmood