[slurm-users] Creating .deb packages on ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Arie Blumenzweig theblumz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 03:24:39 MDT 2018

Hi there,

I need to do some minor changes in the preinst and postinst scripts of the
debian packages.

What's the recommended procedure?

I'd like to:

   1. Git clone from somewhere.  I cloned git://github.com/SchedMD/slurm.git,
   but don't find the debian packaging stuff only rpm-based
   2. Do my changes and maintain them in my local git repository
   3. Create the .deb packages.  I found how to use a .dsc file for that,
   but not how to build them from a local source tree.

Many thanks,

- Arie