[slurm-users] Slurm fair share priority not being applied

Loris Bennett loris.bennett at fu-berlin.de
Thu Nov 30 23:54:18 MST 2017

Hi Bruno,

Bruno Santos <bacmsantos at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have recently set-up slurm to use priority/multifactor giving fair share the major weight.
>
> Since the queue is up I have submitted about 1500 small jobs and just today 2 other users jumped on the queue with their first job. However, it seems that slurm is not
> taking into account the fair share factor as they still went to the bottom of the queue.
>
> Looking at sprio it looks like the FAIRSHARE is still 0 for all of us. Shouldn't they be getting a much higher for that?
> JOBID USER PRIORITY AGE FAIRSHARE JOBSIZE PARTITION QOS NICE TRES
> 7435 bsantos 1770 40 0 731 1000 0 0
> 7436 bsantos 1770 40 0 731 1000 0 0
> 7445 pruperao 1735 15 0 721 1000 0 0
> 7446 fkhan 1706 14 0 692 1000 0 0

[snip (21 lines)]

You have used 'sacctmgr' to assign shares to the associations
corresponding to the users, right?  Check the output of 'sshare' to see
information on how the shares have been set up and what the actual
fairshare values are.  Unfortunately, the web page for the multifactor plugin

  https://slurm.schedmd.com/priority_multifactor.html

doesn't seem to mention setting things up with 'sacct'.

Cheers,

Loris
--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)