[slurm-users] jobs stuck in ReqNodeNotAvail,

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Thu Nov 30 05:29:16 MST 2017

On Thursday, 30 November 2017 9:40:53 PM AEDT Christian Anthon wrote:

> The queue has a ton of of single-core jobs and somebody submits a high
> priority multi-core job, will the mulit-core job not run before all
> single-core jobs are done or will slurm free up a node?

I can see you are weighting the size of a job, so that should help increase
its priority and get in front of the other jobs.

To see how the priorities for waiting jobs are being calculated run "sprio -l"
and you'll see how those priorities are working out.   That will let you
juggle the weightings to get what you want.

All the best,
Chris