[slurm-users] Actual job running time

Tomislav Subic tomislav.subic at arctur.si
Thu Nov 30 05:04:20 MST 2017

Hi everyone,

is there any way to see the actual job running time with sacct, and not
the time resources were allocated to that job? I see there are many
fields like Elapsed (which to my understanding and testing is the total
time resources have been allocated to the job), but I can't figure out
which field would fit my needs.
The problem is that when nodes are set in power-saving mode (turned off)
and a job requests resources, the nodes get allocated to the job and the
Elapsed time starts running, however, the job has to wait for the nodes
to boot (3-5 minutes). This period gets counted in the Elapsed job time,
and I was wondering if there is some way to know the actual running time
of the job, without that waiting/booting period.

Thanks!

--
Tomislav Šubić
Arctur d.o.o.