[slurm-users] giving smaller jobs higher priority

Jessica Nettelblad jessica.nettelblad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:13:44 MST 2017

We have
* high priority qos for short jobs. The qos is set at submission time by
the user or in the lua script.
* partitions for jobs of certain length or other requirements. Sometimes
several partitions overlap.
* a script that adjusts priorities according to our policies every 5
minutes.

By combining these three methods, we've managed to get a pretty good
balance for our needs.

Best regards,
Jessica Nettelblad, UPPMAX, Sweden