[slurm-users] sview problem

Alexey Safonov asafonov at kokomocapital.com
Mon Nov 20 23:16:03 MST 2017

Hi, i'm using cluster on CentOS operating system and using my ubuntu workstation

can't run sview/sacct etc from my local machine

asafonov at ltspc162:/$ sview -vvv
sview: error: slurm_persist_conn_open_without_init: failed to open
persistant connection to localhost:6819: Connection refused
sview: error: slurmdbd: Sending PersistInit msg: Connection refused
sview: error: slurm_persist_conn_open_without_init: failed to open
persistant connection to localhost:6819: Connection refused

asafonov at ltspc162:/$ sacct -vvvv
sacct: Jobs eligible from Mon Nov 20 00:00:00 2017 - Now
sacct: debug:  Options selected:
opt_completion=0
opt_dup=0
opt_field_list=(null)
opt_help=0
opt_allocs=0
sacct: debug3: Trying to load plugin
/usr/local/lib/slurm/accounting_storage_slurmdbd.so
sacct: Accounting storage SLURMDBD plugin loaded with AuthInfo=(null)
sacct: debug3: Success.
sacct: debug2: slurm_connect failed: Connection refused
sacct: debug2: Error connecting slurm stream socket at 127.0.0.1:6819:
Connection refus

i have slurmdbd.conf and dbdhost inside point to my slurmdbd host, but
still can't find why it tries to connect to localhost

Alex