[slurm-users] Fwd: Problem installing slurm on computer cluster

Bruno Santos bacmsantos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 10:37:41 MST 2017

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to install slurm to serve as a job scheduler for a
research institute. I have installed Debian stretch and initially installed
and configured slurm from the repos.
HoweverI then tried to play with a different server serving as node and
realized that due to the different versions of debian the controller and
the daemon where running different versions of slurm and so not working.
I have since done apt-get remove --purge and tried to install slurm from
src. But it seems that the old configuration is still stuck somewhere as
when I try to run:

#systemctl enable slurmctld
Synchronizing state of slurmctld.service with SysV service script with
/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable slurmctld
Failed to enable unit: Unit file /etc/systemd/system/slurmctld.service is
masked.
# whereis slurmctld
slurmctld: /usr/local/sbin/slurmctld
# slurmctld
bash: /usr/sbin/slurmctld: No such file or directory

Any idea what could be going wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best,
Bruno