[slurm-users] Error running jobs with srun

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:27:42 MST 2017

On 9 November 2017 at 09:19, Elisabetta Falivene <e.falivene at ilabroma.com>
wrote:

> I'm getting this message anytime I try to execute any job on my cluster.
> (node01 is the name of my first of eight nodes and is up and running)
>
> Trying a python simple script:
> *root at mycluster:/tmp# srun python test.py *
> *slurmd[node01]: error: task/cgroup: unable to build job physical cores*
> */usr/bin/python: can't open file 'test.py': [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory*
> *srun: error: node01: task 0: Exited with exit code 2*

This error - which I've seen too many times to mention - is because the
file isn't visible to the node.

EG: If all the cluster share /opt and /home/ but not /root, and you run
"srun python test.py" from /root - then node1 can't find it (because on
node1, /root/test.py doesn't exist)

Cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is *apocalyptic civics*. Apocalyptic civics
is the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic
about it. It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed
and our ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are
creative agents who can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the
conviction that the only way out is through, and the only way through is
together. "

*Greg Bloom* @greggish
https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857