[slurm-users] SLURM 17.02.9 slurmctld unresponsive with server_thread_count over limit, waiting in syslog

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:06:58 MST 2017

Thanks, Paul. I've played with SchedulerParameters=defer,... in and out of
the configuration per various suggestions in various SLURM bug tracker
threads that I looked at, but this was probably when we were still focusing
on trying to get sched/backfill playing ball. I will try again now that
we're back to sched/builtin and see if that helps. If we still see issues,
I'll look at a potential DBD performance bottleneck and try some of those
MySQL tuning suggestions I've seen in the docs.

Best,

Sean