[slurm-users] Many-to-many relationship of qos and partition

马银萍 mayinpingpku at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:11:23 MST 2017

hello,

I want to build a many-to-many relationship of qos and partition like what
is shown in NERSC website: http://www.nersc.gov/users/computational-systems/
cori/running-jobs/queues-and-policies/

------------------------------------
*Partition* *Nodes* *Physical Cores* *Max Walltime per Job* *QOS* *Per User
Limits* *Relative Priority (lower is higher priority)* *NERSC Hrs Charged
per Node per Hour*
*Max Running Jobs * *Max   Nodes In Use * *Max Queued Jobs  *
debug 1-64 1-2,048 30 min normal 2 64 5 3 80
regular
1 1-32 96 hrs -- 4 4 10 4 80
1-2 1-64 48 hrs
normal 50 100 200 4 80
premium 10 100 40 2 160
scavenger 10 100 40 6 0
3-512 65-16,384 36 hrs
normal 10 512 50 4 80
premium 2 512 10 2 160
scavenger 2 512 10 6 0
513-1,420 16,385-45,440 12 hrs
normal 1 1,420 4 4 80
premium 1 1,420 2 2 160
scavenger 1 1,420 2 6 0
shared 1 1-16 48 hrs normal 1,000 -- 10,000 4 2.5 x number of cores
requested
realtime* custom custom custom custom custom -- 1  1  2.5 x number of cores
requested
interactive** 1-64 1-2048 4 hrs interactive 1 64 0 -- 80
xfer 1 1 12 hrs -- 15 -- -- -- 0

I know that we can set partition's qos and job' qos, but I don't know how
to config the same qos and partition has different  settings,

like qos normal has three settings in partition regular, and qos normal
differs in partitions.

Is there any plugin can implement this ?

Thanks for any insight!

best.
Ashlee