[slurm-users] Elasticsearch Jobcomp Plugin broken in elastic 6.

E.S. Rosenberg esr+slurm-dev at mail.hebrew.edu
Wed Dec 20 11:47:44 MST 2017

Hi slurm-users,

Recently we updated to elasticsearch 6 and this ended up breaking the
jobcomp plugin for slurm.

The reason is that elastic has become picky about the HTTP Content-Type
header which is never explicitly set in slurm and therefor defaults to
application/x-www-form-urlencoded.

The change is explained here:
https://www.elastic.co/blog/strict-content-type-checking-for-elasticsearch-rest-requests

I created the following patch which I hope we can test tomorrow and report
back on:
https://github.com/Keeper-of-the-Keys/slurm/compare/elk6-jobcomp

(My github/git is rusty and I'm pretty sure I made a mistake with cloning
but I'll try to change it so I can do a proper pull-request)

HTH,
Eli