[slurm-users] Remote submission hosts and security

Jeff White jeff.white at wsu.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:27:08 MST 2017

I have a need to allow a server which is outside of my cluster access to
submit jobs to the cluster.  I can do that easily enough by handing my
Slurm RPMs, config, and munge key to the owner of that server and
opening access in my firewall.  However, since it is a system outside of
my control the owner of it can become root (or impersonate any user they
wish) and gain full control of Slurm.  Obviously that's not good.

Are there any mechanisms for allowing a remote host to submit jobs but
not have any administrative access to Slurm?

--
Jeff White
HPC Systems Engineer