[slurm-announce] Slurm version 23.11 is now available
tim at schedmd.com
Tue Nov 21 23:06:44 UTC 2023
We are pleased to announce the availability of the Slurm 23.11 release.
To highlight some new features in 23.11:
- Substantially overhauled the SlurmDBD association management code. For
clusters updated to 23.11, account and user additions or removals are
significantly faster than in prior releases.
- Overhauled 'scontrol reconfigure' to prevent configuration mistakes
from disabling slurmctld / slurmd. Instead, an error will be returned,
and the running configuration will persist. This does require updates to
the systemd service files to use the --systemd option to slurmctld / slurmd.
- Added a new internal auth/cred plugin - "auth/slurm". This builds off
the prior auth/jwt model, and permits operation of the slurmdbd and
slurmctld without access to full directory information with a suitable
- Added a new --external-launcher option to srun, which is automatically
set by common MPI launcher implementations and ensures processes using
those non-srun launchers have full access to all resources allocated on
- Reworked the dynamic/cloud modes of operation to allow for "fanout" -
where Slurm communication can be automatically offloaded to compute
nodes for increased cluster scalability.
- Added initial official Debian packaging support.
- Overhauled and extended the Reservation subsystem to allow for most of
the same resource requirements as are placed on the job. Notably, this
permits reservations to now reserve GRES directly.
The "Slurm 23.02, 23.11, and Beyond" presentation from the Slurm
Community BoF at SC23 (https://slurm.schedmd.com/publications.html) has
an overview of this release.
The Slurm documentation at https://slurm.schedmd.com has also been
updated to the 23.11 release. (Older versions can be found in the
archive, linked from the main documentation page.)
Slurm can be downloaded from https://www.schedmd.com/downloads.php .
Chief Technology Officer, SchedMD LLC
Commercial Slurm Development and Support
More information about the slurm-announce