[slurm-announce] Slurm versions 18.08.6 is now available, as well as 19.05.0pre2, and Slurm on GCP update

Tim Wickberg tim at schedmd.com
Thu Mar 7 21:39:56 UTC 2019

We are pleased to announce the availability of Slurm version 18.08.6, as
well as the second 19.05 release preview version 19.05.0pre2.

The 18.08.6 includes over 50 fixes since the last maintenance release
was made five weeks ago.

The second preview of the 19.05 release - 19.05.0pre1 - is meant to
highlight additional functionality coming with the new select/cons_tres
plugin, alongside other recent development work. Please consult the
RELEASE_NOTES file for a detailed list of changes made to date.

Please note that preview releases are meant for testing and development
only, and should not be used in production, are not supported, and that
you cannot migrate to a newer release from these without potential loss
of data and your job queues.

I'd also like to call attention to some of our recent work in
partnership with Google. There's a blog post today highlighting some of
this recent work both on Slurm and with the slurm-gcp integration
scripts (https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm-gcp):

https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/compute/hpc-made-easy-announcing-new-features-for-slurm-on-gcp
Slurm can be downloaded from https://www.schedmd.com/downloads.php .

- Tim