[slurm-users] Database cluster

Daniel L'Hommedieu dlhommedieu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:23:03 UTC 2024

Community:

What do you do to ensure database reliability in your SLURM environment?  We can have multiple controllers and multiple slurmdbds, but my understanding is that slurmdbd can be configured with a single MySQL server, so what do you do?  Do you have that “single MySQL server” be a cluster, such as Percona XtraDB?  Do you use MySQL replication, then manually switch to slurmdbd to a replication slave if the master goes down?  Do you do something else?

Thanks.

Daniel