[slurm-users] Beginner admin question: Prioritization within a partition based on time limit

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 9 16:40:52 UTC 2024

Yeah, that's sort of the job of the backfill scheduler, as smaller jobs
will fit better into the gaps. There are several options with in the
priority framework that you can use to dial in which jobs get which
priority. I recommend reading through all those and finding the options
that will work best for the policy you want to implement.

-Paul Edmon-