[slurm-users] Selecting only a subset of GPU's from all available GPU's

Minulakshmi S minulakshmi.s at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 18:41:55 UTC 2023

I'm submitting jobs to a cluster via SLURM scheduler, and let's say I have
access to 8 GPUs in my cluster in same node. They are GPUs of type
A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. I would like to submit a job that requests the use of GPUs
of type A or B or C but NOT of type D/E/F/G/H. So I need some type of OR
logic with the --gres flag.

Eg : When I request GPU of type A , I can do sbatch –gres=gpu:TypeA:1,  I
need to input a subset of GPU’s and let slurm schedule job utilizing one of
the GPU from this allowed list.

*Regards*

*Minulakshmi S*