[slurm-users] Unable to submit job (ReqNodeNotAvail, UnavailableNodes)

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue Nov 7 10:33:24 UTC 2023

Il 07/11/2023 11:15, JP Ebejer ha scritto:
> Hi there Diego,
>
> Grazie per il vostro aiuto.
>
> I had to use sudo to switch to the slurm user, as with myuser I got
> "slurm_update error: Invalid user id".

Ok, that's normal.

> $ sudo -u slurm scontrol update nodename=compute-0 state=resume
>
> This works (I think, as it returns no visual cue),

Still normal: silent when there's no error.

> but on running sinfo
> right after, the node is still "drained".

That's not normal :(
Look at the slurmd log on the node for a reason. Probably the node
detects an error and sets itself to drained. Another possibility is that
slurmctld detects a mismatch between the node and its config: in this
case you'll find the reason in slurmctld.log .

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia