[slurm-users] AccountingStorageLoc option has been removed and fatal error

Michael Gutteridge michael.gutteridge at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 19:19:34 UTC 2023

Hi

I couldn't find an announcement anywhere, but filetxt looks to have been
removed in version 20.11 (see here
<https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/blob/906f43c90a0b1506f2814920c32669098da522ab/NEWS#L2440>
and
here
<https://github.com/SchedMD/slurm/commit/aac9fa2926b5c0e530f1f45dece3daff5931c539>).
slurmdbd seems to be the only option at this time.  The
"AccountingStorageLoc" only has meaning in the context of the
filetxt plugin, hence the error.  I think your options are to do without
accounting (if possible in your environment) or set up SlurmDBD.

It's confusing as it looks like some Slurm docs still indicate this
<https://slurm.schedmd.com/accounting.html#slurm-accounting-configuration-before-build:~:text=Storing%20the%20accounting%20information%20into%20text%20files%20is%20very%20simple.>
as an option.

 - Michael