[slurm-users] MIG-Slice: Unavailable GRES

Groner, Rob rug262 at psu.edu
Wed Jul 19 19:21:40 UTC 2023

At some  point when we were experimenting with MIG, I was being entirely frustrated in getting it to work until I finally removed the autodetect from gres.conf and explicitly listed the stuff instead.  THEN it worked.  I think you can find the list of files that are the device files using nvidia-smi.

Here is the entry we use in our gres.conf for one of the nodes:

NodeName=p-gc-3037 Name=gpu Type=1g.5gb File=/dev/nvidia-caps/nvidia-cap[66,75,84,102,111,120,129,201,210,219,228,237,246,255]

Something to TRY anyway.  Odd that 3g.20gb works.  You might try reconfiguring the node for that instead and see if it works then.  We've used 3g.20gb and 1g.5gb on our nodes and it works fine, never tried 2g.10gb.

Rob