[slurm-users] "Node count specification invalid" when specifying multiple partitions???

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Wed Aug 9 06:51:47 UTC 2023

Hello all.

I'm using partitions only to group homogeneous nodes (and set billing
weights: 24h on a newer node weight more than 24h on an older one).

Too bad, when I set multiple partitions I get "Node count specification
invalid" if even JUST ONE of the partitions does not contain enough
nodes to satisfy the request. That seems to also apply to all_partitions
jobsubmitplugin, making it nearly useless.

We're using Slurm 22.05.6 . On 20.11.4 it worked as expected (excluding
partitions that couldn't satisfy the request).

Any hint?

TIA

--
Diego Zuccato