[slurm-users] Reservations deleted when group is empty?

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Fri Aug 4 04:34:58 UTC 2023

Hello list!

I just found "the hard way" that Slurm deletes a reservation if the
group specified in Groups= gets empty.

Is there a way to avoid it?
We're using sssd to interface to AD and sometimes it does have issues
that lead to temporarily emptying groups. That would not be a great
problem if the reservation remained...

A reservation should only get deleted when expired, IMO (but I can
understand that there are cases where the current behaviour is desired).

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia