[slurm-users] Questions about dynamic nodes

Groner, Rob rug262 at psu.edu
Wed Sep 28 19:45:16 UTC 2022

I ended up getting some help, and in the process, I noticed (for the first time) that the topology plugin was listed in the slurm.conf file.  I remembered that the dynamic nodes docs mentioned that dynamic nodes was not compatible with the topology plugin.  I had previously removed the nodes from the topology.conf file, and had thought that would be enough....apparently not.   I removed the plugin line from slurm.conf, restarted the ctld, and now jobs use resources from the dynamic nodes.  sigh​