[slurm-users] What is the complete logic to calculate node number in job_submit.lua

taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn taleintervenor at sjtu.edu.cn
Mon Sep 26 06:48:03 UTC 2022

Hi all:

When designing restriction in job_submit.lua, I found there is no member in
job_desc struct can directly be used to determine the node number finally
allocated to a job. The job_desc.min_nodes seem to be a close answer, but it
will be 0xFFFFFFFE when user not specify -node option. Then in such case we
think we can use job_desc.num_tasks and job_desc.ntasks_per_node to
calculate node number. But again, we find ntasks_per_node may also be
default value 0xFFFE if user not specify related option.

So what is the complete and elegant way to predict the job node number in
job_submit.lua in all case, no matter how user write their submit options?