[slurm-users] hierarchies/dependencies between QoSs

Sebastian Schmutzhard-Höfler sebastian.schmutzhard-hoefler at univie.ac.at
Fri Nov 4 08:43:38 UTC 2022

Hi,

is there a way to have hierarchies/dependencies between different QoS's,
except from preemption?

Is it possible to change the qos of a running job?

We have qos=gpus2, qos=gpus4 and qos=gpus6 (allowing a certain maximal
total number of gpus for the user). I want that the running/pending
qos=gpus2 jobs are converted to qos=gpus4 jobs when a qos=gpus4 job is
submitted, and also, when qos=gpus4 jobs are already running, new
qos=gpus2 jobs are subimtted automatically as qos=gpus4 jobs.

Thanks,

Sebastian