[slurm-users] Special queues

Diego Zuccato diego.zuccato at unibo.it
Tue Sep 1 09:49:49 UTC 2020

Hello all.

We'd need to setup two QoS:
- debug : low priority, max 15' wall time, unaccounted CPU time
- hpc: should get "half node" allocation units for accounting purposes
(both for CPU and RAM)

For "debug" I tried (and obviously failed):
# sacctmgr create qos debug MaxJobsPerUser=1 MaxSubmitJobsPerUser=20
MaxJobsAccruePerUser=1 TRESBillingWeights="CPU=0.0"
MaxWallDurationPerJob=15:00
 Unknown option: TRESBillingWeights=CPU=0.0

For "hpc" I don't have a clue where to start. What's needed is that hpc
nodes must only be used for "big" parallel jobs, so that users trying to
use 'em for serial jobs gets billed a minimum of half a node. Given that
nodes are quite big (2 sockets, 14 cores per socket, hyperthreading,
256GB RAM).

We're using Slurm 18.08.5 (as packaged in Debian stable).

Any hints welcome.

Tks.

--
Diego Zuccato