[slurm-users] [External] Re: can't lengthen my jobs log

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Fri Dec 4 18:54:16 UTC 2020

I know I'm very late to this thread, but were/are you using the
--allusers flag to sacct? If not, sacct only returns results for the
user running the command (not sure if this is the case for root - I
never need to run sacct as root). This minor detail tripped me up a few
days ago when I was expecting hundreds of thousands of results, and only
got a couple hundred, which were *my* jobs from the period I was
searching, not *all* jobs. I was about to have a heart attack because I
thought someone purged the SlurmDB.

For those wondering, I was using  -o to get only a few pieces of data
per job  from my query, and userid wasn't one of them, which is why my
mistake wasn't so obvious at first.

Prentice