[slurm-users] Randomize Slurm Node Allocation

Adrian Sevcenco Adrian.Sevcenco at spacescience.ro
Wed Dec 2 11:47:56 UTC 2020

On 12/2/20 1:27 PM, Fabio Moreira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if Slurm has any configuration to enable a
> randomize node allocation, since we have 256 nodes in our cluster and
> the first nodes are always allocated at first. Is there any way to
> allocate them in an aleatory way? We have already added the option
> "LLN=YES" to the partition but it did not work.
I had a similar situation and in my case the culprit was that the nodes
defined in node configuration file had a Weight set.. after i removed the Weight
then the LLN started to work.
Moreover you might want to make sure that if you have not other requirements
you have priority/basic for PriorityType

HTH,
Adrian