[slurm-users] Question: How to see all srun/sbatch commands in one place?

mercan ahmet.mercan at uhem.itu.edu.tr
Thu Jan 24 13:51:17 UTC 2019

Hi;

You can use a job submit plugin to logging. We use lua job_submit
plugin. The slurm.log_info() function writes a string to slurmctl log
file. But we use a seperate file as a user activity log file. The
logging lua code something as below:

         dt = os.date()
         jaccount = job_desc.account
         file = io.open("/log/sbatch.log", "a")
file:write("LUA\t",dt,"\t",job_desc.user_name,"\t",jaccount,"\t",job_desc.work_dir,"\n")
         file:close()

As you can see this code does not contain a host name info.  I've tried
os.getenv("HOSTNAME") and some other things, but  I could not log the
host name.

Regards,

Ahmet M.