[slurm-users] Slurm From email address configuration

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 16:53:04 MST 2018

Hola,

Apparently (I was on holiday - of course) we experienced a mini email
server melt because of a confluence of two events.

Triggered by a user making a spelling mistake in their own email address,
this was compounded by the fact that slurm creates a from address for the
outgoing email in the format of <SlurmUser>@<hostname -f> on the slurmctld
server.

Since that user doesn't exist in our email service - Exchange Server, and
our slurmctld server isn't a valid proxy, there were errors upon errors.

Is there any way to set that from address to something more generic
(admin at unix.domain.tld) in slurm.conf?

I can't see anything obvious in slurm.conf nor in the documentation, but I
may have missed it.

cheers
L.

------
"The antidote to apocalypticism is *apocalyptic civics*. Apocalyptic civics
is the insistence that we cannot ignore the truth, nor should we panic
about it. It is a shared consciousness that our institutions have failed
and our ecosystem is collapsing, yet we are still here — and we are
creative agents who can shape our destinies. Apocalyptic civics is the
conviction that the only way out is through, and the only way through is
together. "

*Greg Bloom* @greggish
https://twitter.com/greggish/status/873177525903609857